• How much will it attic pest remediation cost? Variables not included – ballpark figure is between $1.50-$5.00 per square ft for disinfection, insulation removal, air sealing attic floor to block penetrations, and pest resistant insulation such as cellulose.
• Does my homeowners insurance cover costs? Yes, in some cases some insurance policies cover rodent infiltration / damage from rodents such as raccoons.
• Should we have all the insulation removed first? Most of the time no removal is needed of existing insulation but rather disinfection of the entire of the attic. This link
helps explain only to remove in case of contamination from feces or urine.
• Is the existing insulation deemed unusable? Learn More
• Will the insulation smell if we leave it in place after disinfection? This is a loaded question with multiple variables, but the short answer is yes, if contaminated insulation remains in place while encapsulated there may be an odor in warmer temperatures.
• Do i need to leave my home during the remediation treatment portion? Most cases no, working in the attic to remove rodents ( when the attic is air sealed) keep the attic space separate from the living space. While ventilation methods and plastic to keep work areas separate from the living space can be used when needed.
• What is the difference between fiberglass insulation and cellulose insulation? Learn More
• Does cellulose insulation get mineral treatment to prevent pests? Yes!